Spring is finally here! With spring, we have uncovered a plethora of new projects around the house and yard. This is going to be a super busy weekend. Chris and I have a ton of plans to get stuff done around the house and yard. Here are some projects we are hoping to tackle:
1. Paint Bitsy’s playroom. It is currently a nasty orange color (pictured here: http://wp.me/p3S4Rp-r) We are just going to paint it a neutral grey for now, and freshen up the white trim. I have big plans for the room, but we just need to start with getting rid of the orange.
2. Start veggie seeds for the garden. I’m a little late here, but I am starting some seeds for a vegetable garden. It’s so much cheaper to start from seeds than buying plants. I picked up seeds and containers today at Lowes, fingers crossed that I can do it. I look forward to fresh, local fruits and veggies all year. My hope is that I will be able to get some from my own yard this year.
3. Plans for Bitsy’s birthday. I can’t believe it, but Bitsy is going to be 1 in a few weeks. I’m planning a small party for her, so I’ve got stuff to take care of for it.
4. Yard Clean-up. The previous homeowner was not big on landscaping. Our yard is a MESS. We have to continue basic clean up from the winter and from years of neglect.
5. Mole elimination. While we were out working this week, we found evidence of lots of moles in our yard. I’ve been researching ways to eliminate them. This weekend, that operation continues. It won’t be pretty.
6. Spring cleaning. The usual spring cleaning tasks…window washing, switching out spring/winter clothes, etc.
7. Plan for major projects. We have a few ideas for major landscaping projects. We are going to make some action plans for the coming months!
This is just a few things that we have on tap. There is a lot to be done. I really enjoy doing this type of work, as does Chris. I love crashing on the couch at the end of a very productive day. There’s just something about feeling the sore muscles and looking out at a completed project–a real sense of pride in our home and our accomplishment!